Rich Shelton - Agent
Hello, my name is Rich Shelton. Welcome to my Bio Page!
Every REALTOR® bio you see, on every web site, touts how they are the greatest REALTOR® on the planet! I could tell you that I am too… but I won’t.
I am going to tell you about my background, education and credentials; if you are considering entrusting me with your relocation and assistance with the single most important and expensive purchase in your life, you should know that information. However, if you REALLY want to know who I am, and why you should work with me, it's more important that you hear it from the people who matter most… my clients. I invite you to go to my Testimonials page, because what my many satisfied clients have to say about me is WAY more relevant to you than what I could say about myself!
Real Estate Designations
• ABR Accredited Buyer Representative
• CNE Certified Negotiations Expert
• CDPE Certified Distressed Property Expert
• VCA Veterans Certified Agent
• SRES Seniors Real Estate Specialist
• ePRO Internet Professional Certification
What my Real Estate designations mean to YOU:
You are entrusting me with probably the single most important financial transaction in your life. I believe that education is essential in all aspects of life and business. I have earned these designations and certifications to make me a better person… and a better REALTOR®… so that I can do the very best job for YOU, and give you the highest professional level of service.
• Master of Music Education, Auburn University
• Bachelor of Music Education, University of Arizona
• Air War College
• Air Command and Staff College
What my educational background means to YOU:
You are going to be doing a very complicated business transaction. My educational background will help un-complicate the transaction for you and give you the peace of mind to know you are being represented by someone with a solid education and understanding of business, not just real estate!
• June 2015 – Present, REALTOR®, EPIC Home Realty, Peoria, AZ
• 2006 - June 2015, REALTOR®, RE/MAX Desert Showcase, Peoria, AZ
• July 1997 – Dec 2005, Executive Director, West Valley Symphony, Phoenix, AZ
• Jan 1995 – June 1997, Personnel Manager, Naples Philharmonic Orchestra, Naples, FL
• July 1971 – Dec 1995, Retired Lieutenant Colonel, USAF, Squadron Commander and Major Air Command Staff Officer in multiple assignments over a 25-year career.
What my work history means to YOU:
As a retired senior Air Force officer and squadron commander in multiple assignments, you can be sure that you are working with a REALTOR® who highly values integrity, honesty and character. You’ll note that my entire career has revolved around managing resources and leading people, and being very good at what I do. To be a successful leader and manager, one has to have great people and negotiation skills, and must have a strong business acumen. Those skills and values translate into positive results when navigating the multitude of intricate and challenging details in real estate transactions for buyers and sellers.
• Music Director and Conductor, The Arizona Winds
• Former Board of Trustees, West Valley Art Museum
• Former Board of Directors, Leadership West
• Former Board of Directors and Charter Board Member (ten years), Arrowhead
Community Bank, Glendale (Now First United Bank)
• Former President and Board Member, the Arizona Orchestra Association
• Non-profit executive (West Valley Symphony)
• Campaign Manager for a former Glendale City Council candidate
What my community involvement means to YOU:
I am active and engaged in the community I live and work in and I care enough about my community, your community, to be involved in making it a better place to live and work.
• 2013 RE/MAX International 100% Club Award
• 2012 RE/MAX International Executive Club Award Recipient
• 2011 RE/MAX International Executive Club Award Recipient
• 2010 RE/MAX International 100% Club Award Recipient
• 2009 RE/MAX International Executive Club Award Recipient
• 2008 RE/MAX International Executive Club Award Recipient
What my achievements and awards mean to YOU:
Probably absolutely nothing, but my family and colleagues are proud of me! However, this does show that I have a strong work ethic, no how to get the job done for my clients.
The two most important things in my life are my faith and my family. I have been married to my wonderful wife for 45 years, have an adult son and daughter, and three grand children that keep me on my toes.
What My Family Means To YOU
I am a husband, father and grand dad, and, I am a REALTOR®. I undoubtedly share many of the same values and concerns that YOU do! I care about good education, safe communities, and sound financial decisions for families.
Whether you are selling your home or looking for a new home, I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in making that important transition.